Monday, January 10, 2011

Cars with benefits?!


 Enter emoticon here: *Sigh*


Subject: For tonight's topic I would like to explore the idea of being a car owner...

Body: Whereas, it wasn't until today where I stopped dead in my tracks and realized WTH??? is the act of being "without car ", really like waking up the next morning post bail following a DUI offense?



Continuing Body: Another day another COACH bag.
(Or hey, that's just my "dream world" popping out it's evil head. However, not too far-fetched from me letting myself "indulge" in just a wee-bit of extra pampering).

I guess when I calculate and frolic in the exestential savings of $147 total in insurance costs ALONE.. Hey, what's a little bag of swedish fish, a Coke from Costco, some extra rolls (multiple meanings here) at the cafeteria. EEK!
...JUST in the nick of time: the fat cells enable the brain and R/O obesity.
They both seem to settle after "Haven't you been walking yourself everywhere in addition?".  You know where this is going......

Nonetheless, I appreciate things more and more and notice some advantages being  overtaken by the disadvantages!



1.  That feeling and loss of independence/freedom/uniqueness.
All other adjectives used to describe that loss of "spirit" you once had...I mean really, back when we NEVER new what to compare it to (say at the happy age of 16)...we can't be contemplative as much we are now. Now trending: Overanalyzation!
I do suppose I can answer the (ever so longingly) cliche : is it better to have love then lost, or never to have loved at all???
Let's not get too deep now....Holy smokes!

2. Living off the floorboard (For the older-hearted, this may sound a TAD  far-fetched, however, I promise you may be in denial since this happens to the BEST of us) and having the most intimate of things at the drop of a hat...for example: dateless stagnant water that's been hanging out in any old plastic bottle since you can remember. Nonetheless, it's water and it's YOURS (and you NEVER know when it's going to come in handy!). Almost like having that miniature hard piece of kleenex that sits in your door panel. Every time you clean out your car, you swear you throw it away and really question HOW it keeps edging its way back into the car to begin with. Then again, it really isn't hurting too much and it's right there ready to commit the lovely jump at any given time onto the pavement or at that chinese fire drill.

3. Let's not forget an endless supply of clothing, shoes, or miscellaneous garments  to substitute for those days of inclement weather. REGARDLESS of where one may live, this constitutes the need for a remarkable set of umbrellas, hats, rain boots, running shoes, and flip-flops this floorboard may have to offer in moment of vulnerability...



Closing:
You can curse parking, parking costs, parking tickets...etc...but please take a moment and smell the nice freshly painted lines of a new parking lot (next time it arises)!!! Until then, I might sound like I have done just the former, for it is precisely past my bedtime!!


Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews