Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome back red headed author....

Wow, now that my heart is pounding greatly, I am thankful to finally have logged on. See, I managed to "forget" the password and I thought I would never be able to revisit this page!!! Enough of the banter...let us (not lettuce) begin.

So the holidays have passed and another couple car loads of people have come and gone.....the house settles quietly among the snoring from the ceiling panels . I sit downstairs among a great pile of crap (as in clutter and disheveled-ness) trying to brainstorm a "wow-ing" topic for this blog. It still lacks purpose and a common denominator (thanks Howie!)...so I'm thinking that this may be deterring readers.

I am thinking each entry should include: mental stimulation alongside some type of local event (be it a race, a festival, or a local happening).
That way, it will appeal to most, or at least more than being scatterbrained all over the place.
Oh yeah and happy new year (and decade) by the way! For some reason that phrase sounds so insincere and generic. It sounds as though if we really meant it, we should be saying it all month, and maybe 3 months into the year.
Evidently, this new decade marks some serious distress for iphone users.
The alarms on current iphones have decided they won't be working in the new year. My question is: how many of us rely solely on their iphone to wake them up? Apparently, there stands a lot higher number than I can fathom. Is this another sign that the world is being invaded by these (not so) smart-phone devices?
First VHS goes extinct followed by alarm clocks?
 I guess I'm just starting to show my age.
Although I despise my alarm clock, it still manages to do it's job and I would never replace it with something who has a battery that dies every few hours. ....just a thought.

The penguin plunge/polar bear plunge or whatever the hell you want to call it was Saturday, January 1 @ 2pm. I had no idea what a big deal it was. We decided at the last minute to partake in the festivities since the cousins were visiting.
Whereas, Sullivan's island, SC hosts this annual event to raise money for the special olympics. I was very impressed by the amount of support that was there.

Upon arriving, we reached the sandy patch of the beach where we continued to frolic inside of a cloud. Conditions on the island presented with excessive fog and low air temperatures.
Once the horn was blown, the participants ran into the water which struck me to recall a scene from the titanic. The water temperature was running about 46 degrees Fahrenheit with the ambient air touching 55 degress (maybe???).
Furthermore, I had NO intention on jumping in, myself.
So, I was content to speculate from the sidelines! A great day had by all.

Coming soon to the Chucktown area (short for Charleston, since that is a long word and all :)...is the very first Charleston marathon....January 15th!!!
I'll be posting more about this later, but in case you would like to browse the website, here it is.

http://charlestonmarathon.com/


It is going to be a fun time with plenty of Charleston chews to go around for everyone (that may be a slight exaggeration). I will not be running it, but simply helping to assist anyone and everything that may need help within.
Okidoke, that is my first entry into the new year.
Perhaps when I wake up tomorrow (via alarm clock) everything will be backwards, upside down, or inside out...or even better, everything will be just the same as I left it tonight. I plan on becoming more organized in 2011, if that is even a possibility.

Hell, I take that back. I'm not making ANY new years resolutions.
Much like diets, resolutions end in disgust for setting up false hopes.
Just live your damn life!!!!
What do you have to look forward to into tomorrow???

2 comments:

  1. Wow Joy! So glad to see you have a blog. I CAN NOT wait to see what you have to say on a regular basis! This will be great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary!!! I appreciate your enthusiasm!! Hope you enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews