Saturday, March 5, 2011

That's what YOU thought!

I do exist....whereas, so do you ...since you are reading this and all!
.....almost to the extent that I should change my title to "Yes Charleston, there WAS a blog". At least this verifies that we are all under the understanding that I take my sweet ass time updating my thoughts.

Today I am going to introduce a new mindset of thinking...
Only recently have I discovered my theory that: 
"You truly don't know who you are, until you meet someone just like yourself!" 

Sure, there are other factors but how often do you hear someone say, " I don't know who I am, I'm trying to figure myself out, etc...."

I find this a remarkable revelation.
Therefore, this strikes a cord with me. It makes me wonder why we might go through life masking our uncomfortable feelings due to incompatibility's with ourselves and our mates. It is human nature to feel the need to secure comfort and consistency. Afterall, change is stressful, inconsistent, and downright exhausting. We all strive to secure consistency on a regular basis: with work, with our home, with our circle of friends and anything out of the ordinary throws a wrench into this little perfect way of thinking. So, to pull yourself out of a fradulant lifestyle would be most definitely be "out of the norm". People would inquire, you would question your decision, family would give more than their two cents, etc. Ultimately, if you were to go and step out of the box (so to speak), you may even experience relapse and perhaps even return  to square one.
So, what would be the ultimate answer for a problem quite so intricate?
I foresee anyone experiencing these uncomforting feelings to go and make peace with themselves first. The word "peace" can be interrpreted in a myriad of ways to a myriad of people. So, whatever would make you feel peaceful within. Some describe this as their "gut feeling".  After completing this step, you need to focus on doing something to benefit the situation at hand. Get your priorities straight and your mind made up and just shoot for the stars. Sounds like a piece of cake, right?
Not so much......In a perfect world, it would be. This is not a perfect world.
Whereas, you can make your own decisions and you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to do (or because other people say you should do it etc....).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews